Friday 1 January 2010

Fairy Fantasy in a jar......

Rachel
Froudian Artist Award: BEST OF 2009, Faery House Artist

Rachel shares:
Back in 2001, my husband and I watched a movie called
"Fairytale: A True Story",
which is all about the famous Cottingley photographs taken in the early 20th Century, and the two little girls who took them.

In the movie the two girls build this incredible Fairy House.
When I saw that I turned to my husband and said,
" I want to build one...", and well, that was the beginning.

A tiny Fairy Swing sits underneath a magically lit flowered branch in an enchanted crystal and moss covered grove, just waiting for a fairy to come a long and play...

Two sets of lights illuminate this beautiful fantasy scene.
One set, on the top, are color changing LED lights.
The other set are white lights that have been worked into the flowers that grace the branches of the tree inside..

Standing 16 inches high, 7 inches wide ( at it's widest point ) and about 4 1/2 inches deep.
Available at here :-

Etsy

visit Rachels website : - Faery Houses

Fairytale: A true story
Its a must for for the fae lover
Another is : Photographing faeries

Love and light
Hope you new year was filled with delight
Trace x

5 comments:

Artsnark said...

Simply Gorgeous!

Karen said...

beautiful work, I used to live quite close to Cottingley

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

T, these are just gorgeous! OMG...girl you truely are an angel! I absolutely love these and must watch that movie! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!
Cheers

Unknown said...

Oh that is amazing...I think I have seen that movie...I have fallen in love all over agin. TY

Smiles

Unknown said...

Are these still available?